Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Language Please!

Do you know someone who could benefit from a swear jar? Twitter does! According to the site they estimated, on average, that there are 475,200 swear words tweeted per day. Whew, that sounds like a lot of aggression. So since Twitter is missing the automatic bleep button they decided to make those potty mouths pay...for a good cause of course.

Now there is a Twitter (APP) called the Swearjarr. It's pretty advance too. It keeps track of everyone on Twitter and calculates every time a foul word is used. All you have to do is enter your user name and it provides you with the suggested amount that you owe for not using your words. The most naughty word is more costly of course. It all goes to a good cause though. Each month SwearJarr splits the proceeds between two charitable organizations. New charities are chosen every month.

If you still don't get what the whole concept of a swear jar here is a funny YouTube video brought to you by the good people of BudLight.

6 comments:

  1. It says I owe $6. But it counts Dickson as a swear word! Not fair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hysterical! I can't wait to check mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I owe NOTHING! Woo hoo for my clean mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad Courtney. I guess it's not as advanced as I thought, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also in my defense, it counts "crap" as a bad word. Even my mom's OK with that one!

    ReplyDelete