Monday, June 7, 2010

Easy & Effective Webpages

How do job applicants get noticed in today's job market?

I have found myself asking that question a lot lately. To me, it seems that one would need more than a error free resume on ultra bright white paper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that a single piece of paper doesn't do anyone justice, and I didn't suffer through all those years of college just to have my resume passed over. So I have decided the best thing for me to do is escape the norm and to market myself using any and all resources possible. Lo and behold, Mashable introduced a brilliant idea. Design and Build an Attractive Personal Homepage with Flavors.me.

Flavors.me is a website that allows it's users to create an original homepage for themselves while showing their uniqueness and creativity. Not only that, it provides a space for viewers to look at one's social media sites (personal or professional) all in one place. I find this pretty awesome on the social media aspect because, for professional reasons, I now have a place for my potential employer to see my portfolio using Blogger. They can also access my Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter pages. And for those of you who are connected to other social media sites, Flavors.me is connected to 20+services.

If your like me and HTML is so not your thing then Flavors.me is perfect for you. Flavors.me takes a "just-add-water" approach on designing your page. Lets hear it for super easy!


3 comments:

  1. This looks really cool and I'd never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and it is only $20 a year. Not bad...at least that's one subscription I can afford,ha!

    ReplyDelete