Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Myspace you disappoint me

Wednesday has been a day of experimentation.

Today I did something I vowed never to do again. I started a Myspace account. Last time I had an account with Myspace was back in 2007. It was my first taste of social media.

As we are all aware of, Myspace was originally created as a practical and efficient way for artist known and unknown to get their music out to the public. But soon enough its popularity skyrocketed and users from every background and age group had their own Myspace. Times have changed though. In my opinion, Myspace became a little too creepy. After becoming uninterested and grossed out I invested more of my time on Facebook.

So why the sudden change of heart? Well...I wanted to see if there was any information on the recent Tennessee flood. Facebook has been used to reach out to people in the community and afar. Everyday you are guaranteed to see some kind of information about the flood whether it be people, businesses, or organizations posting some sort of information. So I wondered, since we are Music City what does a social music site like Myspace have to say. Turns out...not very much.

I was only able to find one thing. I found an event posted which was a benefit concert in Indiana. Talk about random! And to top it off there were only three people signed up to attend. So unfortunately, my efforts turned out to be in vain.

Oh well, there is always Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment